6 A significant compromise reached
at the Constitutional Convention of
1787 was the agreement to
(1) exclude slaves from census
(2) forbid tariffs on imports
(3) establish a bicameral legislature
(4) limit the number of terms a president could serve
7 Which group had the most influence
on the ideas stated in the Declaration
of Independence and United States Constitution?
(1) political leaders of Spain and
(2) religious leaders of the medieval period
(3) writers of the Renaissance
(4) philosophers of the Enlightenment
8 The writers of the United States
Constitution included the requirement for
a census every ten years primarily to
(1) regulate numbers of immigrants
(2) determine representation in Congress
(3) decide when new states were needed
(4) set goals for population growth
Base your answers to
questions 9 and 10 on the chart below and on your
knowledge of social studies.
9 Which conclusion about the
American Revolutionary War is most clearly
supported by information in this chart?
(1) England had few advantages in a
war with her American colonies.
(2) The thirteen colonies had more advantages than disadvantages
upon entering the war.
(3) England did not believe that the thirteen colonies were worth
expense of a war.
(4) The thirteen colonies had few, but important advantages in the
war with England.
10 Which important reason for the
American victory in the Revolutionary
War is missing from the chart?
(1) naval superiority of the
(2) aid from foreign nations
(3) control of railroads and canals
(4) greater number of Indian allies