1. "An attack on one shall be considered an
attack on all." This statement summarizes the foreign policy known as
4. collective security
"Wilson Orders Controls on U.S. Industry To Fight War Against Germany",
''FDR OKís Destroyer Deal with England To Fight Sub Threat," ''Truman
Orders Airlift of Supplies to Berlin."
Which generalization about governmental power in the United States is
supported by these headlines?
1. Important Presidential decisions usually follow the results of public
2. Presidential actions during international crises have increased
3. Foreign policy is ultimately determined by Congress, power to
4. Presidential power to act in wartime cannot be exercised without
3. Toward the end of World War II, the
Servicemen's Readjustment Act (first GI bill, 1944) attempted to benefit
American society by
1 guaranteeing racial equality in the Armed Forces
2 providing educational and financial assistance to veterans
3 abolishing the draft during peacetime
4 strengthening the concept of civilian control of the military
4. The United States became the "arsenal of
democracy" in the early 1940's because the United States
1. possessed the economic resources to produce massive amounts of war material.
2. introduced a series of strict draft laws.
3. had established strong alliances with other countries during the 1920's
and the early 1930's.
4. relied on the nationís strong tradition of militarism.
5. President Harry Truman justified using
atomic bombs on Japan in 1945 on the grounds that the
1. world was ready for a demonstration of nuclear power.
2. Axis powers deserved total destruction.
3. early ending of the war would save many lives.
4. American public demanded that the bombs be used.