1. Lincolnís Reconstruction plan was based on
1. punishing the South.
2. treating the South like conquered territory.
3. readmitting all Southern states except South Carolina. into the Union
4. readmitting Southern states as equals of Northern states.
2. The Fourteenth Amendment
1. guarantees women the right to vote.
2. abolishes the poll tax.
3. guarantees equal protection of the laws.
4. provides protection against illegal searches and seizures.
3. The passage of the Thirteenth, Fourteenth, and Fifteenth amendments
1. the states had increased their power at the expense of the federal
2. segregation would no longer be allowed.
3. federal powers could be expanded to protect the rights of minorities.
4. the political and economic rights of women were protected.
4. The long-term effect of the Thirteenth, Fourteenth, and Fifteenth
amendments has been to
1. extend civil rights to all citizens.
2. permit Congress to restrict immigration.
3. limit the power of the executive branch.
4. institute reforms in the structure of government.
5. After the passage of the 13th, 14th, and 15th amendments, African
Americans continued to experience political and economic oppression
1. the amendments were not intended to solve their problems.
2. many African Americans distrusted the Federal Government.
3. Southern legislatures enacted Jim Crow laws.
4. poor communications kept people from reaming about their legal