1. A major effect of the rapid technological
changes since 1945 has been
1. decreased economic competition between producer nations.
2. a growing degree of isolationism.
3. greater interdependence in the international marketplace.
4. a reduction of the influence of democratic nations in world affairs.
2. Prior to 1890, United States businesses
made few foreign investments mainly because
1. state governments discouraged foreign investments.
2. foreign investments were prohibited by Congress.
3. foreign nations did not accept investments from United States
4. investment opportunities were better in the United States.
3. Which term best describes United States economic policy during the
era of the rise of big business (1865-1900)?
1. laissez-faire capitalism.
4. welfare-state capitalism.
4. The purpose of the Interstate Commerce Act ( 1887) , the Sherman
Antitrust Act ( 1890) and the Clayton Antitrust Act (1914) was to
1. eliminate unfair business practices.
2. reduce imports from foreign nations.
3 reduce the power of the unions.
4. increase the power of local governments.
5. The creation of the Interstate Commerce
Commission (1887) and the passage of the Sherman Antitrust Act (1890) showed
1 laissez-faire capitalism would be upheld by the Federal Government
2 the Federal Government could not challenge state regulation of
3 Federal civil servants would be hired based on merit rather than
4 the Federal Government could regulate business practices