In the late 1800's, the outcome of most strikes showed that labor
1. successfully used violence to solve labor problems.
2. had government support to improve working conditions.
3. benefited both workers and management in their efforts to unionize.
4. lacked popular and political support.
2. Which development was most likely the cause of the other three?
1. growth of urban centers.
2. growth of industrialization.
3. increase in the middle class.
4. increase in agricultural production
3. In the United States, corporations became the dominant form of
business organization in the late 19th century mainly because
1. government regulated their development.
2. industries needed large amounts of capital.
3. proprietorships became too complex to run.
4. large numbers of jobs were needed for the immigrants.
4. The major purpose of the Sherman Antitrust Act was to
1. promote free competition in the marketplace.
2. stop the growth of corporations.
3. increase management's power over labor.
4. disband large corporations.
5. In the
United States, which development was a result of the other
1. unsanitary working conditions in factories.
2. unequal distribution of profits between management and workers.
3. formation of labor unions.
4. 12-hour workday.