1. The "clear and present danger" ruling in the Supreme Court case Schenck
v. United States (1919) confirmed the idea that
1. prayer in public schools is unconstitutional.
2. racism in the United States is illegal.
3. interstate commerce can be regulated by state governments.
4. constitutional rights are not absolute.
2. Which was most influential in making the
idea of separation of state and church part of the United States political
1 the democratic heritage of ancient Athens.
2 the Roman Republicís principles of religious freedom.
3 practices of European colonial governments.
4 the diversity of the new nationís population.
3. The need for a warrant to conduct a lawful
search is an indication that
1. the crime rate is increasing in the United States.
2. the person about to be searched is really innocent.
3. individuals are protected against government power.
4. there is an excessive concern for the rights of criminals.
4. In the United States, informing suspects of
their legal rights during an arrest procedure is required as a result of
1. customs adopted from English common law.
2. state laws.
3. decisions of the U. S. Supreme Court.
4. laws passed by Congress