Which process is best represented in this diagram?
(1) active transport (3) protein building
(4) gene manipulation
3 How does the type of reproduction shown in method A in the diagram below
differ from the type of reproduction shown in method B?
(1) Method A illustrates sexual reproduction, and method B illustrates
(2) Offspring produced by method B will be genetically alike, but offspring
produced by method A will be genetically different.
(3) The two cells shown in the last step of method A are genetically alike,
but the two cells shown in the last step of method B are genetically
(4) Offspring produced by method A will be genetically like the parent, but
offspring produced by method B will be genetically different from the
4 When humans first domesticated dogs, there was relatively little diversity in
the species. Today, there are many variations such as the German shepherd and
the dalmation. This increase in diversity is most closely associated with
(1) cloning of selected body cells
(2) selective breeding
(3) mitotic cell division
(4) environmental influences on inherited traits
5 As a result of sexual reproduction, an organism can pass a gene mutation to
its offspring if the mutation occurs in
(1) a body cell (3) liver tissue
(2) a gamete (4) white blood