1. Which was a, major characteristic of the Renaissance?
2. During the Age of Absolutism (1600's and 1700's), European monarchies
1. increase human rights for their citizens.
2. centralize political power in their nation.
3. develop better relations with Moslem rulers.
4. encourage the growth of cooperative farms.
3. One similarity between the decline of the Roman Empire and the fall of
the Manchu Dynasty was that both initially led to
1. improved economic conditions.
2. democratically elected governments.
3. political chaos and decentralization of government
4. major accomplishments in art, science, and technology.
4. An important long-term result of the Crusades in the Middle East was
1. increased tension between Muslims and Christians.
2. destruction of Muslim military power.
3. creation of a large Christian state on the Red Sea.
4. restoration of the Byzantine Empire.
5. In Europe, the Crusades resulted in
1. a greater isolation of the region from the world.
2. an increased demand for goods from the Middle East and Asia.
3. the adoption of Islam as the official religion of many European
4. the strengthening of the feudal system.