1. Russia was invaded by Napoleon in 1812 and by Hitler in 1941. Both
invasions failed because of Russia's
1. economic support from the United States.
2. large size and severe winters.
3. military help from Great Britain.
4. use of superior weapons.
2. Which statement describes the situation in Russia during the 200 years
when the Mongols ruled?
1. Russia experienced a cultural Renaissance.
2. Russia was isolated and paid tribute to the Khans.
3.Westernization and industrialization began in Russia.
4. Democratic reforms were encouraged in Russian society.
3. The events that led to the overthrow of Czar Nicholas II in 1917 and
to the forced resignation of Mikhail Gorbachev in 1991 show that
1. economic crises often lead to political change.
2. Russian absolutism continued into the 1990's.
3. international conflicts often strengthen the power of leaders.
4. Russia is a ethnically unified nation.
4. One similarity between the Russian Bolshevik Revolution of 1917, the
Chinese Revolution of 1949, and the Cuban Revolution of 1959 is that
1. brought communist governments to power.
2. led to world wars.
3. were fought to free ethnic minorities.
4. failed to overthrow existing governments.
5. One action taken by both V.l. Lenin and Joseph Stalin was
1. attempting to bring democracy to Russia.
2. jailing or murdering potential opponents.
3. supporting the Russian Orthodox Church.
4. providing economic aid to Japan after World War I and World War.