1. The animist religions, which are widespread throughout Africa, share a
2. the importance of the spirits of nature.
3. the writings of Mohammed.
4. making a pilgrimage to Jerusalem.
2. An important long-term result of the Crusades in the Middle East was
1. increased tension between Muslims and Christians.
2. destruction of Muslim military power.
3. creation of a large Christian state on the Red Sea.
4. restoration of the Byzantine Empire.
3. The city of Jerusalem is important because it
1. serves as the financial center of the Middle East.
2. Is a major port for Israel.
3. has religious significance for Judaism, Christianity, and Islam.
4. has become the center of industrial development for Palestine.
4. The terms "reincarnation," "monotheism," "salvation," and "prophet"
are most closely associated with
1. political revolutions.
2. world religions.
3. population density.
4. economic systems.
5. The Talmud, the Bible, and the Koran are religious books that are most
closely associated with religions that began in
1. Latin America
2. East Asia
3. Western Europe
4. the Middle East.