1. A sociologist interested in Indian culture would most likely focus on the
1. Hinduism and its influence on life in India.
2. India's development of nuclear weapons.
3. the parliamentary government of India.
4. the influence of agricultural production on India's gross national
2. The Brahmaputra, Indus, and Ganges Rivers are important to the history
and development of
3. the Philippines
3. India's transportation and communication systems were improved
during the colonial period because the British Government wanted to
1. weaken India's attempt to modernize.
2. strengthen its control over India.
3. promote conflict between Hindus and Muslims in India.
4. end trading ties between India and Great Britain.
4. As British rule in India came to an end, the conflict between Hindus
and Muslims resulted in
1. the decision of India to allow only Hinduism to be practiced
within its borders.
2. Muslims becoming the dominant religious force.
3. the creation of Pakistan as a separate nation.
4. a large increase in converts to Sikhism.
5. A lasting effect of British colonial rule in India has been the establishment
1. racial equality in housing, education, and government.
2. widespread transportation and communication systems.
3. a Christian-dominated government.
4. a one-crop economy.