1. Social scientists who study human culture are called anthropologists.
Their work would most likely include
1. Examining the environment in which people live.
2. determining the operating principles of modern machinery.
3. learning the reasons that certain groups of people live as they do.
4. Discovering the influence of climate upon types of plants and
2. A sociologist interested in Indian culture would most likely focus on
the study of
1. Hinduism and its influence on life in India.
2. India's development of nuclear weapons.
3. the parliamentary government of India.
4. the influence of agricultural production on India's gross national
3. An archeologist's job while working at the site of an ancient African
city would most likely include
1. helping to set up a new industrial project.
2. opposing United Nations peacekeeping forces.
3. studying artifacts for clues about early civilizations.
4. teaching local farmers how to use chemical fertilizers
4. Discoveries in eastern Africa by some anthropologists have suggested
that this area may have been the
1. birthplace of democratic government.
2. region where the human race began.
3. location of the earliest use of gunpowder.
4. site of the first Hindu temple.
5. As the cultures of Africa developed, most Africans learned about their
1. the writings of French missionaries.
2. oral traditions of their village.
3. the notes of European explorers.
4. written stories by Indian traders.