situation best illustrates a traditional practice of women in
1. a young woman leaving her village to attend a university in the
2. an educated woman returning to her village to become leader of
3. a young woman marrying and her husband giving cattle to her
family as a wedding gift.
4. a young mother discouraging her children from practicing
2. The Sepoy Rebellion, the Boxer Rebellion, and the Mau Mau
uprising were reactions to
1. rapid industrialization.
2. European imperialism.
3 Mongol domination.
4. World War I.
3. The Treaty of Tordesillas (1494), concerning Latin America, and the
Berlin Conference (1884-1885), concerning Africa, were similar in that
1. provided for self-government by the native peoples.
2. declared that in these areas monarchs rule by divine right.
3.divided each area into European-controlled segments.
4. suppressed revolts by native peoples against European imperialists.
Base your answer to question
4 on the passage below and on your
knowledge of social studies.
I was going to school in Nairobi when my father told me to
come home and herd cattle like my brothers. I did this for 3 years and
realized that it was not good work. I went back to school. I do not want to be
disrespectful to my father, but there are things more important than herding
4. This passage about African life shows that
1. elders make all family decisions.
2. most Africans agree that education is necessary.
3.cattle herding is no longer important to Africa's economy.
4. conflicts often arise as traditional ways of life change.
"When the white man first came to Africa, he had the Bible and we
had the land. Now we have the Bible and he has the land." This
quotation is a response to