1. In which region of the world are the Nile River, Mount Kilimanjaro,
and the Sahara Desert located?
1. East Asia
4. South America
2. One similarity between the Sahara Desert and the rain forests of
Africa is that they both
1. contain many of Africa's major cities.
2. act to slow the migration of people.
3.are home to many farmers.
4. encourage the rapid development of trade.
3. Which statement is most accurate about Africa's geography?
1. Africa has the world's largest reserves of oil.
2. Most of Africa's land is good for farming.
3. Africa is a continent with a variety of physical features.
4. Africa has an irregular coastline with many good harbors.
4. One similarity between the ancient African kingdoms of Egypt,
Ghana, Mali, and Songhai is that all of these kingdoms were located
1. in mountainous terrain.
2. in coastal areas
3. on major trading routes.
4. in rain forest areas.
5. The phrase 'White Man's burden" in this excerpt refers to the
1. negative attitude of Europeans toward peoples of the non-Western
2. advantages Europeans would gain by colonizing Africa, Asia, and
3. positive role of the Roman Catholic Church in Africa and Asia.
4. challenges non-Europeans faced when trading with the Europeans.