6 In a cell, information that controls the production of
pass from the nucleus to the
(1) cell membrane (3) mitochondria
(2) chloroplasts (4) ribosomes
7 The arrows in the diagram below indicate the movement of
into and out of a singlecelled organism.
The movements indicated by all the arrows are directly
(1) the maintenance of homeostasis
(2) photosynthesis, only
(3) excretion, only
(4) the digestion of minerals
8 The chart below shows relationships between genes, the
and coloration of tomato plants.
Which statement best explains the final appearance of these
(1) The expression of gene A is not affected by light.
(2) The expression of gene B varies with the presence of light.
(3) The expression of gene A varies with the environment.
(4) Gene B is expressed only in darkness.
9 The diagram below represents a section of a molecule that
The pattern of numbers represents
(1) a sequence of paired bases
(2) the order of proteins in a gene
(3) folds of an amino acid
(4) positions of gene mutations
10 In the human pancreas, acinar cells produce digestive
beta cells produce insulin. The best explanation for this is that
(1) a mutation occurs in the beta cells to produce insulin
when the sugar level increases in the blood
(2) different parts of an individual’s DNA are used to direct the synthesis of
different proteins in different types of cells
(3) lowered sugar levels cause the production of insulin in acinar cells to
help maintain homeostasis
(4) the genes in acinar cells came from one parent while the genes
cells came from the other parent
‹‹ Previous Page Next Page