Structures in a human female are represented in the
A heavy dose of radiation would have the greatest impact on
information in future off-spring if it reached gametes developing within
(1) A (3) C
(2) B (4) D
17 Organism X appeared on Earth much earlier than organism Y.
scientists believe organism X appeared between 3 and 4 billion years
ago, and organism Y appeared approximately 1 billion years ago. Which row
in the chart below most likely describes organisms X and Y?
18 The sequence of diagrams below represents some events in a
To regulate similar events in human reproduction, what
(1) the presence of genes and chemicals in each cell in
stages 1 to 7
(2) an increase in the number of genes in each cell in stages 3 to 5
(3) the removal of all enzymes from the cells in stage 7
(4) the elimination of mutations from cells after stage 5
19 Which statement best describes human insulin that is
genetically engineered bacteria?
(1) This insulin will not function normally in humans
because it is produced by bacteria.
(2) This insulin is produced as a result of human insulin being inserted
into bacteria cells.
(3) This insulin is produced as a result of exposing bacteria cells to
radiation, which produces a mutation.
(4) This insulin may have fewer side effects than the insulin previously
extracted from the pancreas of other animals.
20 Which population of organisms would be in greatest danger
(1) A population of organisms having few variations living
(2) A population of organisms having few variations living in an
(3)A population of organisms having many variations living in a
(4)A population of organisms having many variations living in an