11 Which fact relating to early Japan was a
result of the other three?
(1) Japan experienced earthquakes and
(2) The Japanese developed a nature-based belief called Shinto.
(3) Tsunamis and typhoons sometimes destroyed coastal
(4) Mountains are found throughout the islands of Japan.
Base your answer to question 12 on the picture
below and on your
knowledge of social studies.
12 This statue is most closely associated with
13 In his book The Prince, Niccolò Machiavelli
advises that a wise ruler
is one who
(1) keeps taxes and food prices low
(2) encourages education and the arts
(3) allows advisors to speak their minds
(4) does what is necessary to stay in power
14 A major reason that the Renaissance began in
Italy was that
(1) Italian city-states had grown wealthy
from trade between
Europe and Asia
(2) farmers produced great agricultural surpluses on vast plains
(3) merchants supported the Green Revolution
(4) many European scholars had migrated to this area
15 Which action could be considered an effect
of the Protestant Reformation?
(1) posting of the Ninety-five Theses
(2) decline in the power of the Roman Catholic Church
(3) sale of indulgences
(4) end of religious warfare