6 One similarity between Japanese Shintoism and
African animism is
(1) everything in nature has a spirit and
should be respected
(2) only one God exists in the universe
(3) people’s moral conduct determines their afterlife
(4) religious statues should be erected to honor the gods
7 The five relationships taught by Confucius
encouraged people to
(1) improve their position in life
(2) maintain social and political order
(3) respect and worship nature
(4) serve the needs of religious leaders
8 Which statement explains a cause rather than
an effect of the Bantu
migration between 500 B.C. and A.D. 1500?
(1) Techniques for herding and cultivating were
spread to other
(2) More than sixty million people now speak a Bantu language.
(3) Trading cities developed along the coast of east Africa.
(4) Population increases put pressure on agriculture.
Base your answers to questions
9 and 10 on the map bellow and on
knowledge of social studies.
Which conclusion is supported by information
provided in the map?
(1) Traders depended mainly on rivers as
avenues of transportation.
(2) More products were carried on the ocean than across the land.
(3) Silk was the principal product traded.
(4) Traders often combined sea and land routes.
10 Which concept is illustrated by the map?
(4) cultural isolation
Page Next Page