Directions (l-50): For each statement or question, write on the separate answer
sheet the number of the word or expression that, of those given, best completes
the statement or answers the question.
1 An example of economic interdependence is
(1) South Africans mining their gold and diamond resources
(2) the government of France issuing new currency
(3) Japan selling technological goods to buy Middle Eastern oil
(4) an Indian subsistence farmer waiting for the rains to water his crops
2 The state sets the price of consumer goods.
A factory manager meets production quotas for the month.
A central planning agency determines wages for agricultural workers.
Which type of economy is illustrated by these statements?
(1) market (3) traditional
(2) command (4) laissez faire
3 Which factor led to the prosperity and success of the worlds early
(1) formation of democratic governments
(2) development of monotheism
(3) acceptance of gender equality
(4) location in river valleys
4 Archaeological studies of the Indus Valley cities of Harappa and
Mohenjo-Daro show evidence of
(1) dynastic rule (3) social equality
(2) monotheism (4) urban planning
5 The importance of the Code of Hammurabi, the Twelve Tables, and the
Justinian Code is that they
(1) established legal principles
(2) instituted democratic governments
(3) provided religious freedom
(4) promoted equality for all classes