Base your answer to
question 11 on the map below and on your
knowledge of social studies.
11 What is a valid conclusion that
can be reached by studying this map?
(1) Africans had centralized
governments during the age of
(2) African kingdoms did not exist before the Europeans
arrived in Africa.
(3) African civilizations existed only in southern Africa.
(4) Africa’s civilizations established many trade routes to India.
12 The Age of Pericles in Athens,
the Gupta Empire in India, and the Tang
dynasty in China all experienced a golden age with
(1) advancements in the
principles of democratic governments
(2) outstanding contributions in the arts and sciences
(3) the end of foreign domination
(4) the furthest expansion of their borders
13 The travels of Marco Polo
resulted in the
(1) introduction of gunpowder to
(2) decline of Mongol rule in China
(3) expansion of trade between China and Europe
(4) use of Confucian teachings in Europe
14 • In less than 50 years, it was
the largest unified land empire in history.
• In 1279, it was the first foreign group to gain complete control of China.
• It made the caravan routes across Asia safe for trade and travel.
• When attempting to conquer Japan in 1274 and 1281, its fleets were
destroyed by storms.
Which empire is most closely associated with these statements?
(2) Gupta (4) Mongol
15 The wealth and power of Mali’s
ruler, Mansa Musa, were significant
because they contributed to the
(1) start of the Crusades
(2) spread of Islam
(3) growth of European imperialism
(4) rise of Arab nationalism