Directions (l-50): For each statement or question, write on the separate
number of the word or expression that, of those given,
best completes the
answers the question.
1 • What to produce?
• How to produce?
• For whom to produce?
Which social scientist studies how these questions would be answered
for a specific society?
(1) a sociologist
(2) an economist
(3) an anthropologist
(4) a geographer
2 How did topography and climate affect the
history of Africa?
(1) The slave trade declined in western
(2) Islam spread into southern Africa.
(3) European colonization of central Africa was delayed.
(4) Trade increased between southern and northern Africa.
3 Italy, Korea, Spain, and India are similar in
that each is considered
(1) an archipelago
(2) a peninsula
(3) a landlocked nation
(4) an island nation
4 Which geographic feature was common to the
civilizations in ancient Egypt, China, India, and Mesopotamia?
(1) river valleys
(3) rain forests
5 According to Buddhist principles, believers
can end personal suffering by
(1) doing good deeds
(2) eliminating selfish desires
(3) making pilgrimages to Mecca
(4) relying on divine help