6 The terms Brahma, dharma, and moksha are most closely associated
with which religion?
(1) Judaism (3) Hinduism
(2) Islam (4)
7 Constantinople became the center
of the Byzantine Empire because
(1) the pope had made it the capital
of the Christian world
(2) it was a religious center for Muslims
(3) its location made it the crossroads of Europe and Asia
(4) it was geographically isolated from surrounding empires
answer to question 8 on the graph below and on your knowledge
of social studies.
8 The principal cause of the trend
in England shown in the graph was
(2) disease (4) a lower birthrate
Base your answers to
questions 9 and 10 on the map below and on your
9 The purpose of the Great Wall was
(1) protect the Chinese from the
nomadic tribes of northern and central Asia
(2) supply food from the south to Khanbalik (Beijing)
(3) control the flood waters of the Huang He and the Chang Jiang
(4) protect the port city of Guangzhou
10 Which statement is best supported
by the information on this map?
(1) By 1300, the Mongol Empire had
reached the Red Sea.
(2) The Mongol Empire controlled India and Japan by 1300.
(3) By 1300, most of Europe had been conquered by the Mongols.
(4) The Mongol Empire controlled a large portion of Asia by 1300.