| 12 The diagram below represents the major stars of the constellation
Orion, as viewed by an observer in New York State.
Which statement best explains why Orion can be observed from New
York State on December 21 but not on June 21?
(1) Orion has an eccentric orbit around Earth.
(2) Orion has an eccentric orbit around the Sun.
(3) Earth revolves around the Sun.
(4) Earth rotates on its axis.
13 Which type of air mass usually contains the most moisture?
(1) mT (3) cT
(2) mP (4) cP
14 A student read in a newspaper that the maximum length of the daylight
period for the year in Syracuse, New York, had just been reached. What
was the date of this newspaper?
(1) March 22 (3) September 22
(2) June 22 (4) December 22
15 Which graph best shows the general effect than differences in elevation
above sea level have or the average annual temperature?
16 Ozone is concentrated in Earth’s atmosphere at an altitude of 20 to 35
kilometers. Which atmospheric layer contains the greatest concentration
(1) mesosphere (3) troposphere
(2) thermosphere (4) stratosphere
<< Previous Page