6 Which graph best represents the relationship
between the angle
of insolation and the intensity of insolation?
7 A square meter of surface of which of these
natural areas would
most likely absorb the most insolation during a clear day?
(1) a fast-moving river
(2) a dark-green forest
(3) a beach with white sand
(4) a snow-covered field
8 Which observable change would occur in New
York State if Earth’s
rate of rotation were one-half its present rate?
(1) The Sun would rise in the southwest each
(2) The length of a day would be longer.
(3) The time needed to complete a cycle of Moon phases
would be greater.
(4) The seasonal changes would not occur.
9 The data below represent some of the weather
conditions at a New
York State location on a winter morning.
What was the dewpoint at this time?
(1) 1°C (3) –3°C
(2) 2°C (4) –5°C
10 Students wish to study the effect of
elevation above sea level on air
temperature and air pressure. They plan to hike in the Adirondack
Mountains from Heart Lake, elevation 2,179 feet, to the peak of Mt.
Marcy, elevation 5,344 feet. Which instruments should they use to collect
(1) anemometer and psychrometer
(2) anemometer and barometer
(3) thermometer and psychrometer
(4) thermometer and barometer