| PART A
Directions (1-35): For each statement or question, write on the separate
1 Which graph best represents the force of gravity between Earth and
the Sun during one revolution of Earth around the Sun?
2 Which celestial feature is largest in actual
(1) the Moon (3) the
(2) Jupiter (4) the Milky Way
3 The best evidence that Earth rotates is provided
(1) location of mid-oceanic ridge volcanoes
and the distribution
of index fossils
(2) movement of Foucault pendulums and the Coriolis effect
on air movement
(3) pattern of changing seasons and the depth of meteor impacts
(4) rate of uranium-238 decay and changes in atmospheric
4 How do Jupiterís density and period of rotation compare to Earthís?
(1) Jupiter is less dense and has a longer period of rotation.
(2) Jupiter is less dense and has a shorter period of rotation.
(3) Jupiter is more dense and has a longer period of rotation.
(4) Jupiter is more dense and has a shorter period of rotation.
5 What is represented by the diagram below?
(1) changing phases of the Sun
(2) changing phases of the Moon
(3) stages in an eclipse of the Sun
(4) stages in an eclipse of the Moon
around the Sun?